Saturday, July 4, 2009

I hope my students dig places like this...

well, yes, I do hope they will continue to dig into soil to create gardens, however...

Today my hometown started what will be a weekly Farmer's Market. So this is my desire. One day in the future, an ex-student of mine will come upon a farmers market. The student will remember the joy of eating fresh vegetables as a student at the Pathway School. He will wonder over and buy something and once again experience that pleasure.

Who knows, it may inspire the student to dig into the earth to grow some peppers, or maybe just go back and support those who are keeping small local farms alive and who then travel to someone else's hometown and give them a taste of the local soil.

A big thanks to all of those who made The Lansdale Farmers Market a reality.


4 comments:

Chandramouli S said...

Ahhh! A dream of a good preceptor! I wish that day comes to you in near future. Good luck, Wayne.

Wayne Stratz said...

Chandramouli--- thanks for the best wishes.

Dana said...

late comment but your dream has already come true....you have at least one student who grows his own food and is no stranger to the farmer market within walking distance of our house...may there be many more students...

Wayne Stratz said...

Dana--- Thanks for the comment. I know of many students who have met this hope.