I was asked by my friend, who runs the career ed program at the school, to answer some questions about the horticulture program. Tonight at home I answered all but one. Here is how I answered number 4...
4. What are the desired outcomes for your program? What is your ultimate goal? Reach for the stars with this one people.
Answer... Students will develop and grow their passion, knowledge, confidence, and skills in order to do any or all of the following:
• Obtain a job working with plants.
• Grow a garden in their community.
• Recognize plants as they move about their environment.
• Keep house plants inside their homes.
• Use fresh vegetables and herbs in their cooking.
• Appreciate the beauty of a garden and understand the effort taken to maintain it.